找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

cheap wedding dresses 3Q Earnings a Mixed Bag AIR

已有 917 次阅读2014-9-23 02:26 | cheap, holli

3Q Earnings a Mixed Bag AIR

I torn AAR Corp,wedding dresses for older brides. (NYSE: AIR) reported earnings Wednesday after the market closed and followed that up with their analyst conference call before the market opened today.

The reason I torn is because I honestly don know what to do with those results and AAR future prospects.

A part of me believes that the business is a lame duck,longchamp soldes, and will take so long to recover,montre swatch, that we won see any meaningful move in the company stock price for some time if at all.

The other part of me believes, especially at current levels,px90, AAR stock is such a supreme bargain, that it won be long before value hounds come calling, and the overall market for the Aerospace and Defense industry,ray-ban, and consumer air travel in particular, come roaring back,hogan outlet, and we could be in the midst of a nice little bull rush and reap the rewards of our patience in the turnaround that is ahead.

So why am I so baffled?

There many reasons, many of them chronicled within this post, that have led me to this place.

In this post I break down AAR full earnings release, as well as their analyst conference call, and round out my post with what you should do with AAR stock.

New to the AAR story? AAR Corp. provides products and services to the aviation,michael kors shoes, aerospace, and defense industries worldwide.

It operates in four segments: Aviation Supply Chain; Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul Structures and Systems; and Aircraft Sales and Leasing. military including specialized construction of mobile shelters and pallets, as well as support and products for various military aircraft and aircraft support, storage and maintenance functions.

Finally, through its Sales and Leasing segment, AAR buys,abercrombie, sells and leases used aircraft for itself, on behalf of others, and through joint ventures. $366.2 million projected by analysts)Quarterly income from continuing operations of $20.0 million (flat from prior year)Quarterly earnings per share from continuing operations of $0.48 (up 2% from prior year/vs. Defense business now represents 44% up from 43% in Q2/09, up from 40% in Q1/09.

My Take: AAR tries to make a clear distinction between its sales this quarter compared to last quarter on an apples to apples basis.

In order to make that comparison however, AAR is stripping out results from its Aircraft Sales and Leasing segment, and then stating rather conveniently, that taking away those comparisons, AAR sales were essentially flat when compared to last year.

Let take this in 2 parts: 1) So,air max 2014, AAR is touting the fact that sales are flat? Is that really something to be proud of when AAR has garnered higher revenues in terms of sales from government orders and contracts, as well as their acquisitions over the last couple of years?

2) As investors, can we conveniently strip out one of AAR 4 business segments to gussy up the numbers?

Personally I don think so,red bottoms shoes.

There are no two ways about this: AAR sales have declined.

Business is slowing, airlines are not just cutting back on maintenance and overhaul procedures, but they are also decommissioning older aircraft at alarming rates, such that AAR services are being underutilized and might be for some time to come.

Further proof of this is the very fact that AAR in their press release stated that:

In response to market conditions, we have deemphasized our Aircraft Sales and Leasing business. We have not acquired any aircraft for lease since November 2007 and are committed to further reducing our investment in our aircraft portfolio.

Later on the company then states:

Consistent with our reduced emphasis on this business,instyler.com, the Company is considering combining the activities of this segment with the Aviation Supply Chain segment beginning next fiscal year.

In other words, not only is AAR unable to sell or lease these older aircraft,north face women's jackets, which I will remind readers was a booming business not too long ago whereby the CEO stated that he had never seen business this robust in this segment, but the company is now tacitly acknowledging that the business of buying, selling and leasing older aircraft may have seen its heyday and be coming to an end.

We cannot simply results from AAR declining segment to make their overall numbers look better, because odds are,prada bags, this segment is in a secular decline,toms.com, and therefore, never going to fully recover, and thus AAR results and expectations and outlook have to include this stark reality.

Bottom line: While the quarter was not as bad as analysts were obviously expecting, it wasn a good quarter either.

In addition,www.juicycouture.com, once again, as they always do, AAR makes their profit numbers by pushing the pencil around and taking some debt off the books which allows them to claim a tax gain which shows up on the bottom line.

评论 (0 个评论)

facelist

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 立即注册

sitemap|联系站长|版权说明|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|CHNJET喷气俱乐部 ( 京ICP备15028347号-2 京公网安备 11011202000937号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-2 01:28